New York Bridal Fashion Week Report
by Lisiana Carter
Well, here we are. Another New York Fashion Week: Bridal is happening.
And that means a host of fashion-forward wedding gowns and apparel, from designers like Christian Siriano, Sachin & Babi, Elie Saab, Naeem Khan, Gemy Maalouf, Oscar de La Renta, Monique Lhuillier, and many others.
But being beautiful isn’t just about that drop-dead gorgeous A-line, mermaid, or fairy tale dress. (Truth be told, we think the sheath is due for a comeback.) It’s also about feeling beautiful. And all the little things that go with that.
So whether you’re tuning in to Bridal Fashion Week because you like to daydream (who doesn’t?), or planning for that Big Day, now is the perfect time to think about upgrading your beauty routine.
(We’ve been getting into the idea of a “spa at home” approach ourselves, even from the confines of a 300-square-foot apartment.)
The Top 7 Secrets Of Beautiful Brides
“First and foremost: self-love … then give love away,” Katy Perry once said. Whether your Big Day is on the horizon, or you just want to upgrade your daily life to include a little self-love, take all the time you need to pamper yourself.
That doesn’t just mean applying products all over your body but — more importantly — shifting to a healthier gear.
(These are in addition to my website’s top 7 backstage bridal beauty tips.)
- Eat Healthier. Hopefully, you’ve been loading up on your fresh veggies and fruits — because ideally, now is the time to amp up your healthy eating habits. However, if your tastebuds are still on that phase of getting used to eating fresh and raw then, there is no better time than now to acquire a new preferred taste in food.
If you want to lessen your learning curve or — simply want to hit your goals faster, while making sure you’re still eating healthy — try signing up for meal plans which get your daily food delivered for a specified period.
- Work Out Regularly. Get more physical everyday. Perform high intensity workouts at regular intervals. It’s the only way to keep sweating, build more muscle, and shed excess fats. Getting on a guided weight loss or body firming program is the best way to learn a routine that helps you obtain your fitness goals. Besides, having a trainer by your side to push you, and cheer you on, is a good motivation to keep you on track.
If you still opt for staging your own workouts, don’t forget to alternate between cardio workouts and weight lifting. Throw yoga sessions in-between, too. These activities will make your brain release happy hormones, which should get you in your best mood despite any stressful wedding preparations you are about to make.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep. Think it’s a “magic cream” with retinol, like Lamour Skin Cream, that will help smoothen out that wrinkle on your mouth … or the fine lines on your forehead? Yes, they lend some help, but none comes quite as close to your skin’s mechanism for healing and rejuvenation, which happens faster and more thoroughly while you sleep. So, never again deprive yourself of sleep, even when celebrating your engagement late-night with your friends can be tempting.
- Get on a daily and nightly skincare routine. You probably are sticking to one already, but when was the last time you evaluated your skin and skin needs vis-à-vis your routine? Now would be a good time to do that. Make sure the basic three-step skincare routine is folded in: cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Now you just need to determine what specific ingredients you’ll need for your products (based on what you’re trying to accomplish).
- Exfoliate regularly. When it comes to exfoliation, people tend to forget this step, or just choose to be lazy. This step is a must if you want to see clearer, more radiant skin, that’s softer and smoother. Exfoliating stimulates skin turnover by eliminating the damaged top layer, so younger skin can rise to the surface and replace it.
- Get professional help for your skin issues. While DIY skincare is essential, there are some skin issues that may have to be professionally managed: that includes acne, hyper pigmentation issues, and even chronic dryness that leads to premature aging. Ask your friends for referrals before coming in for consultation. Know your treatment options, and sign-up only for the ones that you think your skin needs the most.
- Pay more attention to your teeth, nails, and eyelashes too. All of these make for a glamorous bride, and therefore need to be supercharged on a wedding day as well. Experiment on your nail and eyelash options. As for your teeth, see your dentist for cleaning and check-up, but take it easy on the whitening.
Some Beautiful Bridal Hairstyles
Every bride wants a memorable Wedding Day. Rather than impress others, however, focus on loving yourself — and growing your relationship with your fiancé — even more.
After all: happy brides are beautiful brides.
Lisiana Carter is a renowned independent researcher and is studying the impact of technology in the beauty industry. She is passionate about beauty, makeup, fashion and skincare industry. She holds a Ph.D. in beauty and thereby has been consistently sharing her experience by writing various articles related to makeup, beauty, fashion, and skin care. She has been writing on beauty and skin care related topics from the past 10 years.